Constipation is very common digestive issue which deals with difficulty in bowel movements. It also considered as the symptom of various health issues. The question arises what to do for constipation? Every person has different bowel movement. Some people may pass stool two times a day, while others may only have a bowel movement three times a week. If you have fewer than three bowel movements in a week you’re considered as constipated. The slower the food moves through the digestive tract, the more water the colon will absorb from it. After this your stool may harden and become difficult to pass.
Check out the infographic by “HealthCentral” which shows the causes, symptoms and what to do for constipation:
- It generally occurs because too much water is absorbed from food, physical inactivity.
- Causes of constipation include lifestyle changes, certain medications, and ageing.
- Increased difficulty and straining when passing stools.
- Some another Symptoms includes : feeling bloated and nauseous, losing appetite, stomach ache.
Remedies For Constipation:
- Remedies to relieve constipation includes change in lifestyle.
- Doing more exercise, eating more fiber, and drinking more water.